- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Supports proper pH under occasional gastric distress
- Helps support protective layer in the bowel
- Contains prebiotics and live probiotic for intestinal health
What is UlcaBuf?
UlcaBuf is an all natural, non medicated, supplement with specifically curated ingredients designed to support long term digestive function. It is formulated specifically to support the stomach and the hindgut.
UlcaBuf can be used as a long term supplement for stomach and digestive maintenance support. UlcaBuf can also be used short term for 21 days for times of stress.
What you need to know:
Natural acid balancer
May assist stomach ulcers and hindgut acidosis
Contributing Risk Factors For Ulcers
Intermittent feeding/lack of forage
About the Ingredients
Turmeric: Curcuma xanthorrhiza is a unique form of Turmeric where research has shown that when fed to horses it may suppress the formation of stomach ulcers. (1)
PowerStance (Powdered coconut oil): may assist in the absorption of the Curcuma xanthorrhiza, while the lauric acid may provide anti-bacterial properties.(2)
Seaweed Derived Calcium (Acid Buf): Harvested from red algae (Lithothamnion) from the ocean at the coast of Iceland. Lithothamnion has a honeycomb structure that provides a large surface area of (>10m2) per gram and a slow release of bio-available minerals, calcium, magnesium and silicon. It has a longer buffering action than limestone or sodium bicarbonate. Research shows this had a significant buffering action for 4-6 hours under simulated in vitro stomach digestion conditions and also stimulated in vitro hindgut fermentation activities.(3)
Actigen: is a strain of yeast containing Mannan Oligosaccharides (MOS). MOS are considered a prebiotic and are thought to promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria. They are thought to reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria in the hindgut. They may also boost the immune function in the digestive tract.
Yea-SaccTS: Yea-sacc is a probiotic (live microorganism) that works symbiotically with Actigen (a prebiotic) and helps promote beneficial bacteria and fibre digestion in the hindgut as well as help to stabilise the hindgut pH.
Sodium Alginate: may assist in maintaining the integrity of the mucus membrane within the digestive tract.
1. Pre-Treatment with Turmeric (C. Xanthorrhiza) Reduces the Severity of Squamous Gastric Ulceration in Feed Restricted Horses. J Anim Sci Res 3(1) Fletcher SPS, Gough SL (2019)
2. Antimicrobial Property of Lauric Acid Against Propionibacterium Acnes: Its Therapeutic Potential for Inflammatory Acne Vulgaris, Nakatsuji, T et.al. (2009) J. Invest. Dermatology 10:2480-2488
3. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. 34(3):391–397, Moore-Colyer, M. et al. (2014)